NATIONAL SCHOOL PROGRAM
In 2017, The First Tee of Northern Nevada will begin working with 65 elementary schools, of which 45 are Title 1 schools in Washoe County. With a focus on character education, health and wellness, The First Tee of Northern Nevada will serve approximately 32,500 youth in our community thought The First Tee National School Program, delivered during school hours in physical education classes. Click here to read more.
Thank you to Orange Tree Production Studios for making another great promotional video for our chapter.
Posted by The First Tee of Northern Nevada on Thursday, April 27, 2017
The First Tee National School Program gives gym teachers and physical educators the tools to get started. We provide the training, junior golf lesson plans, and equipment.
- Create a safe introduction to golf for today’s students and teachers.
- Ensure that golf education meets the same national standards developed by the Society for Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE).
- Help students build character and confidence through the positive personal and social values associated with the game.
- Show students that golf can be a great part of a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Make the positive values of golf a part of the classroom and students’ everyday lives.